LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY - Information on current legislative developments and initiatives. Legislative counsels in Albany monitor governmental activity and guide our lobbying program.
-A grass-roots movement enourages member contact with representatives about bills that effect health-system pharmacists.
-Government Affairs Committee reviews pharmacy related bills and develops position papers reflecting NYSCHP's support or opposition.
-Provide valuable information and promotional tools.
-Timely information available 24 hours a day via the NYSCHP's website, www.nyschp.org
-The Journal of Pharmacy Practice, a peer reviewed and indexed bimonthly journal
EDUCATION -ACPE accredited home study courses available in The Journal of Pharmacy Practice at no charge to members.
-ACPE accredited continuing courses presented across the state throughout the year by NYSCHP and by each of the eleven local chapters which held monthly sessions.
-Several session of the Midyear Clinical Meetings and Exhibits
-Annual Assembly and Exhibits held each spring, offering at least 15 continuing education credits in one fun-filled weekend.
-Discounted fees for all NYSCHP sponsored meetings, exhibits, and educational courses.
ASHP-RELATED -Information and updates from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), including group insurance plans.
-Earn vouchers for NYSCHP products and services when you purchase ASHP publications through NYSCHP.
WHY become a member of NYSCHP? BECAUSE:
1. You are desirous of continuous life-long learning;
2. You are interested in utilizing the NYSCHP website, www.nyschp.org, to obtain employment opportunities;
3. You want to maintain and obtain new pharmaceutical contacts within the pharmaceutical industry.
4. You want to network with other pharmacists and health care professionals.
5. You want to keep abreast of legislative developments and initiatives important to the pharmacy profession.
6. You want to be a part of an organization that assists in improving the pharmacy profession and the healthcare of the patients that you care for.
7. You want to help shape the future of pharmacy.
8. You want to advance pharmacy as an essential component of health care.
9. You want to be represented before the NYS Board of Pharmacy and NYS Legislature.
10. You want to be kept informed of the constant changes occurring in the health care field.
11. You want to improve the care of your patients by promoting appropriate medication therapy and positive patient outcomes.
12. You want to attend meetings throughout the state, networking with colleagues.
13. You want to enhance your reputation with your peers, patients and the public.
14. You want to be involved.
Because you want to be more involved, contact your local chapter representatives to see how you can become more involved in your profession and your organization. For more information, call NYSCHP at 518-456-8819. We know this organization is important to you and we look forward to working with you to improve and advance our profession.