2016-2017 NYSCHP Board of Directors
Immediate Past President
Vice President, Public Policy
As pharmacy budgets tighten and staff members are expected to do more with less during these trying times, we must not neglect our professional responsibility to train the next generation of pharmacists. All of us can recall at some point receiving guidance and training from someone who went above and beyond to teach us. Providing that spark to our profession’s youth is essential to our future success. Each pharmacist is able to share their own methods, pearls, and unique insight that can contribute to this effort. In 2007, a conglomerate of pharmacy organizations joined forces and revised the Oath of a Pharmacist to highlight this endeavor. The following statement was added, “I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences and values to fulfill my obligation to educate and train the next generation of pharmacists.” The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education has revised its standards for PharmD student experiences. These new standards expose students to the workplace sooner and more often. Schools of Pharmacy have many new opportunities available for potential preceptors. Perhaps it is time to consider renewing your commitment to the training of our future colleagues.
OATH OF A PHARMACIST revised in 2007
”I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of
pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
• I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
• I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for my patients.
• I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
• I accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
• I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of moral, ethical and legal
• I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
• I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to fulfill my obligation to educate and train the next generation of pharmacists.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”
Board of Directors Resources:
2016 Reimbursement Form
NYSCHP Candidate Guide to Nominations
ASHP House of Delegates
Board Chapter Liaison
Strategic Planning/ Leadership - coming soon!